Friday, May 05, 2006

5 Things 4 Cinco de Mayo

A couple thoughts.

Cobag is the new Snakes On A Plane. It won't be as big but it won't disappear into "You can call me Ray" style obscurity as quickly as S.O.A.P. will. Where exactly is the beef?

How come all the online lyrics websites only have Lady Miss Kir's part but not the rap lyrics Q-Tip delivers at the end for Groove Is In The Heart?

I seem to have generated controversy over the use of the word Cocksucker. I use it not to point out distaste for homosexuality. I have absolutely no problem with whatever or whomever any man or woman chooses to love so long as it's not a defenseless child. There is simply no gender neutral or masculine form of the word Cunt. Some might argue Dick is the masculine curse but clearly it doesn't carry quite the punch that Cunt does. Besides it's OK to say it on TV whereas Cunt is not. Cocksucker is the closest masculine insult and it gets the kind of rise out of men that Cunt gets out of women.

Finally, I'm thinking of renaming this site for the fourth time. I like "Dean Rules!" It's kind of an inside joke from my Penn State days and it indicates how full of myself I really am which is important to convey to outsiders. However, two individuals have recently addressed me simply as "Dean!" and I find it to be forcefull and commanding. I'll probably leave it as "Dean Rules!"

A couple is exactly four in Dean Rules! land.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

I know far more people (online) who use cobag than anybody (exactly none) who say SOAP.

But, hey, we live in The Age of Cobags so this is to be expected.

May 5, 2006, 8:34:00 AM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

Cocksucker, cunt, chorizo, mmm... chorizo. If anyone has a problem with the use of those words they're Gay. er... (straight) gay, not (gay) gay...although they might be. Uh... "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

In other comments; how about changing the title to "Fresh!" or just "!!!!"

May 5, 2006, 1:35:00 PM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

"Some'in' [looks] in this torso
[heart] gotta ya [bone ya] know
delightful, truly delightful
makin' it, doin' it, 'specially at a
show
feelin' kinda high like a Hendrix haze
music makes ________ moves like a maze
all inside of me, all especially
hilt of the rhythm, where I wanna be
flowin' blown with electric eyes
a dip to the dive, baby you'll realize
baby you'll see the funk inside of
me
baby you'll see that rhythm is the
key
get get ready with _________________
stomp on the street when I hear a
funk beat
playin pied piper, follow what's
true
baby just sing about the groove"

Words in brackets indicate possible if not probable lyrics. Gaps made with underscore indicate a failing of my ears to decifer lyrics.

May 5, 2006, 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Wow. You have my undieing respect. I bow to your total lack of anything better to do.

May 5, 2006, 8:07:00 PM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

ahhh yes, there's a story that goes along with the fact that I was able to transcribe most of that for you. I did miss a word in the second line "[Heart] gotta DEAL ya [bone ya] know"

I always have more important things to do but the least of them, in the trivial realm, is always the first to get done.

Side Note: verification word - fotfagt

May 8, 2006, 3:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com