Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Masshole

Devices that flash motorists' speed can actually tempt drivers to speed up, he said.

''We put a speed board on Commonwealth Avenue, and people were seeing how high they could get the numbers," Tinlin said.


This is why I love living in Massachusetts. When I was living in Pennsylvania I kept the Massachusetts plates on the truck as a warning to other drivers. There's polite driving and then there's frustratingly over cautious. I like to think that by Massachusetts standards I'm polite. Drivers in Pennsylvania really piss me off, I hate drivers who don't turn when they see an opposing car a quarter mile away. It's a thousand feet away, go ahead and turn. They'll see you and avoid a collision. They're not going to suddenly teleport into the intersection and T-Bone you. Use the gas peddle and you might even make it through the intersection before the car is 100 yards away.

On the otherhand, we were almost hit last night by another typical Masshole driver who thought I wasn't going to take the right of way at a rotary. Guess who won a game of chicken. And for those keeping track, the driver had the old green plates that they stopped issuing in the 80's. Like the color red in nature is a warning that the bug is poisonous, the old green plates are a warning sign that the driver will have a smug sense of entitlement based on their advancing age and their decades of experience as a Masshole driver. The only thing more dangerous is a car with New Hampshire plates driving through our Commonwealth (oddly enough, also green license plates.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite Mass. driving thingie lately is the highway signs;

POLICE SEEK AGGRESSIVE DRIVERS

Really? Where do I sign up?

Apr 5, 2006, 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

Massholes? Not the same As Utards. Mormon Surburbans are the worst encounters in Utah.

I really like the dumbass questions I get about Montana. "Do you even have a speed limit?" Yeah we have a speed limit because assholes from other states decided they wanted to see how fast their southern California sports cars can go and then bitch in court about it being "Reasonable and Prudent."

Apr 7, 2006, 5:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com