Sunday, April 30, 2006

You Can't Hide, Run With The Dogs Tonight

Weekend of yardwork and not even close to finishing what I meant to. Desperately need a weed wacker and a mulching mower with self drive. And some cheap Mexican labor. You know, I've been to Home Depot and Lowes several times this week and I didn't notice any Mexicans loitering in the parking lot, waiting for work. Maybe they started their strike early. Or maybe there are no Mexicans in Peabody.

Now I'm drinking beer and listening to the only CD I've purchased in the last 5 years. It's the official bootleg of the June 15th Pixies concert at the Agony Arena in Boston/Brookline. They made me wait 8 weeks for it but it was 30 dollars well spent. Mingya! It's wicked pissa! Especially with my new Cambridge Soundworks MicroWorks (Thanks Daren. I know they're a loaner but you really are never getting these back. Just kidding. Or maybe not.)

Editors update. The 'Submarine' alert sound on the Macintosh is fucking awesome with a subwoofer behind it! It's like I've never heard a sound before.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bry said...

There are no Mexicans in Peabody. Only Brazillians. Lots of Brazillians. And one or two Costa Ricans. But mostly Brazillians.

To leave this comment they (blog gods) are making me verify the word "wcockk". What's up with W?

That's a painfully common question.

May 1, 2006, 1:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome. And, no, I'm probably not.

I biked past that Pixies show on the way to the Sunset last year. I'm sure it was at the Paradise, not the Agganis (was it even open yet?). I remember coming up the hill seeing the four big tour buses/semis outside the Paradise, and thinking "Who are these huge rock stars to have such a formidable entourage?" Then I saw the marquee...

So if you saw a show at the Agganis -- did they play two shows in Boston last summer?

And I saw Burma at the Bradford. :-P

May 2, 2006, 12:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh -- you spent $30 and waited for the bootleg ...

May 2, 2006, 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Agganis opened april 1st with Duran Duran. I was at that show too. June 15 Pixies was the only date I know of. They might have made a surprise show at the Paradise after.

May 2, 2006, 5:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Feb 3, 2007, 7:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://uvabyvyjo.kogaryu.com/babybery.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Dec 10, 2009, 5:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


I like it when people get together and share ideas. Great site, stick with it!

Jan 21, 2013, 6:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com