Thursday, June 08, 2006

Quick Birthday Present Wrapup

So what do you get someone for their 37th birthday?

Mostly gift cards. Which is always welcome, especially since as I get older my wants get even more focused. Gone are the days of asking for a remote control car and being happy with those crappy RadioShack cars that only go forward or backwards-and-left. Today I'd only be happy with a nitromethane burning fuel injected supercharged titanium alloy mechanism capable of outrunning The Porsche.

I got a book. "The Alphabet of Manliness" by Maddox.

I got some software to assist my transfer of the .avi files to a standard TV watchable DVD.

I got all my friends to come out to trivia night. We lost but I don't really care. It was nice to have everyone come out to see me. Speaking of losing, 666 was not last nights winning Mass Daily Number. It was 7-8-9-1 which sounds to me like the kind of combination some idiot would have for their luggage.

However the one gift that I got that really means the most to me is Lisa and her willingness to endure all the discomfort of the past week in the hopes that we may start a family. She is feeling much better. Her fluid gains may have finally plateaued and in a couple of days she should be back to baseline. We're not out of the woods but we are on the fire road and the 4 Wheel Drive is working nicely.



Oh and I'm going to run for Senate in 2008 against John Kerry. I'll collect my 10,000 signatures next summer (they need to be certified as current registered voters so I can't start now.) Sorry the top of my party is trying to distract us from the WAR by pulling some anti-gay marriage stunt. Rachel, I'll make good on my promise to march with you. Let me know where and when.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

It was 7-8-9-1 which sounds to me like the kind of combination some idiot would have for their luggage.

Good one.

Jun 7, 2006, 10:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who you calling an idiot, Kevin?!

I would have gone to trivia night. UC and I want to go, but we don't know where to go and friends have no room on their teams, so we are left with nothing. What's new?

Glad you got some good stuff and glad to hear that your wife is feeling better.

Why are you running against Kerry? He's not the problem. It's Mitt the Twit who needs to go.

Jun 7, 2006, 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Simply put, we need a moderate republican in Washington. One who has washed dishes, mowed lawns and changed their own oil. Someone who understands a little about economics, science and what the little guys are going through.

What we don't need are any more laws written by billionaire lawyers who, quite frankly, have no idea what their citizens want or need.

Mostly, we need to send people to Washington who aren't in the back pocket of big money. I'm not going to campaign any more than collect the signatures needed to put my name on the ballot. I'm not buying commercial time. I'm not paying a lobby company to campaign for me. I'm not taking contributions from business lobbies (but will take them from individuals.) I'll talk to those reporters who come to me and give them MY straight and honest answers not what someone has paid me to say. I don't know how far I'll get but I think I may surprise a lot of people along the way.

Jun 7, 2006, 1:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see where you are coming from, but there are two problems with that:

1. It won't work because the amount of money you need to be a politician, just to run for office, doesn't make it possible.

2. That is not a Republican stance. If you want an average joe, you will have better luck looking to the Democrats.

Jun 10, 2006, 1:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com