Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Cuba Libre'

I've always wanted to watch fireworks from above. Let the mere mortals sit in the park or on the beach and look up. Not for me. A few years back I finally got my chance. The 4th was a wednesday and I spent it in Tel-Aviv watching the lighted fireworks sculpture on (I think) city hall. Flying home from The Middle East the following saturday (by way of a 6 hour layover in London) we hit the eastern seaboard at about 8:30 somewhere around Northern Maine and turned down the coast. At 9pm we were over New Hampshire and Cape Ann when every town on the coast lit up. From 10,000 feet it was stunning. Every few 'inches' of coastline with blue and red and white and purple and green popping all about.

Since then, it takes a lot to get me excited for fireworks. The last couple years my favorite part of the show is when the 'smiley face' goes wrong and comes out a frown or a cyclopse. Saturn is kind of nice. We've all seen them now. Last night 'The Farms' (pronounced the Faaaahhmmms) had cubes which were notably absent from Marbleheads display.


These are not from last night. I stole the picture from somewhere else.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

I've been to many fireworks displays and I've never seen cubes.

Um, how high were you?

Jul 6, 2006, 4:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What were you doing in Tel Aviv?

I flew home during the 4th from San Fran a few years. Nearly damn died! The air pollution makes it hell to fly that night. The pilot lost control and we were all screaming and preparing for the crash. Good times!

Jul 7, 2006, 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Visiting my best friend who took a job there. I already had free ticket to London and it was only $400 more rather then the $900+ it would have been from Boston. He took a couple days off and we drove around. It looks like Arizona but without the siguaro's and spanish tile. I really liked the beaches there.

Jul 7, 2006, 2:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com