Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Eeeewww

So I'm trying to explain to Lisa's 85 year old grandfather what exactly happens when you undergo invitro fertalization and have a surrogate mother carry your child. He understands that my semen and Lisa's egg will be combined outside her body and that a viable embryo will begin to grow and divide. He get's that the embryo will then be inserted into a woman, not Lisa and that the other woman will carry the baby for Lisa. He then asks me "why can't you just have sex with the other woman?" I say "because Lisa wouldn't want me to. I don't want to and the child would be mine but not Lisa's so it woudn't be the same."

Tom's response? "OK then do that thing in the dish."

Like the decision is his to make.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't hate me, but I think this is one of the funniest posts ever!

Aug 29, 2006, 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

No that's the point of the post. Lisa's grandfather is hilarious.

Aug 29, 2006, 12:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He certainly is but also is smart enough to know he wants his genes in the baby.

Aug 29, 2006, 4:18:00 PM  
Blogger coffeesnob said...

Have you found the right dish yet?

Aug 29, 2006, 6:42:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

We're a year away from looking for dishes. We do still have one more chance to go it ourselves.

Aug 29, 2006, 7:27:00 PM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

Yes, go with the dish thing.

Thanks for the laugh this evening.

Or is it, "Go with dish." Like, "Go with God?"

Aug 29, 2006, 11:36:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Why can't humanity wrap their tiny little brains around the possibility that we are Gods, every one of us. Why do we feel the need to externalize our dieties?

Aug 30, 2006, 9:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I got the point. It was just so--o funny!

Aug 30, 2006, 9:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com