Thursday, August 24, 2006

It's A Small World, After All

So I go to the new teacher orientation meeting today. Who do I see at the meeting? The mother of one of my oldest dearest friends. Who walked up to me... and mind you, I can't tell you how many new years and birthdays and drunken high school hijinks I've had at her house...

So anyway, I walk in and I smile at her and she smiles back. Then later I smile at her again and she smiles back and I know she totally doesn't recognize me. I am completely not registering on her radar at all. She holds out her hand and introduces herself to me and I introduce myself. She still hasn't connected the wires in her head that we've known each other for decades. I say you're Marthadot's mother. Still no register. Then bammo, like finding $20 in the washing machine at the laundry mat, it hits her.

So Marthadot, I saw your mother today.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now meet my mom!

Aug 24, 2006, 7:15:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

OK

Aug 24, 2006, 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger coffeesnob said...

I knew it!
I should have warned her.

Yippee!!!! Mommadot is so cute it hurts.

Aug 24, 2006, 8:45:00 PM  
Blogger American Interior Monologue said...

Congrats...your students are lucky!

Aug 24, 2006, 9:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meeting my mother, Dean, you don't have enough armour. She's tough.

Aug 25, 2006, 7:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com