Monday, November 13, 2006

The Most Useless Thing I Now Know

For those of you, which is to say almost all my readers, who were at Carol Thompson's birthday party over Rachel & Megan's place; semi-colons are also punctuation that does not go inside of quotation marks. Lisa was correct with question marks in very specific cases.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about; The Kurz, Tom, AG, Kevin, Daren, Paul and Rickety. Carol is my friend Rachel's mother who also teaches English at the school where I teach Science. We looked up the rules of punctuation while in the teachers lounge today, in between margaritas and making up dirty limericks about students. I'm just kidding about the margaritas.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bry said...

I was writing a paper this morning, arguing with the Concessionista from across the house about that very thing. We decided that semicolons go outside, nice to know we're right.

Nov 15, 2006, 12:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Carol could also share that you were over AT Rachel and Megan's place. :)

AG thanks you for including her in your list of readers that you 'effin did not invite to your little party. AG and Kevin happen to live nearby!!

Nov 15, 2006, 1:00:00 PM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

Quotation marks are for sissys and semi-colons are for gypsys.

The only punctuation I ever need is my fist!

Nov 15, 2006, 3:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hell; why not?"

Nov 15, 2006, 4:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com