Monday, January 14, 2008

What Will It Look Like When It Complies With DOT Regulations

Ask me why I don't think it's street legal. There are folks who think that the new Hummer was inspired by this or this. I think they're afraid of having to compete with this.

I will admit, I hear they're incorporating several features (probably as pricey options) that I'm currently building into my FJ like winches and cameras.

Trail Cam!!! Fuck yeah! A camera showing me where each tire is about travel. I've been trying to scrape together a workable system from commodity components but so far there's nothing close to satisfying my vision at any price.

The skid plate cannot act as a front bumper as designed. It either won't work as a skid plate or it will interfere with the air bag system.

So, OK, yeah, if GM didn't guarantee that you will be purchasing hundreds of little quality control problems and suck worse than a prostitute with fish hook dentures I'd say I wish I didn't have 4 years 9 months to go on my car loan.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger RicketyFunk said...

"Why don't you think it's street legal?" The fact that it looks like it's got some HUGE blind spots all around it.

Read The Parable of the Talents and the Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler and it won't surprise you the types of "innovations" that these "super-SUVs" are incorporating into their designs.

It'll only be a short while before you can get blast shielding, bullet proof glass, and computer controlled machine gun turrets so when you're sleeping in your truck out in the wilds, motion sensors and IR scanners will allow the guns to open fire on anyone who even thinks about trying to steal your home.

Jan 15, 2008, 4:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com