Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Beautiful Night

Saw a deer coming home from school tonight. Peeping frogs in the swamp behind the house are peeping away. I'm drinking beer in the back of my truck. That was creepy. The frogs all just stopped peeping like they were on a switch. Now they're back. Coyote must be back there. Pictures of the Coyote in the newspaper taken from around the corner (print not online addition so no linky love.) I'm not the only one who's seen that damn thing. I've been saying it for years and everyone but Lisa who's seen it too say's it's a dog or something.

I gave my kids a test today. They all thought it was an April fools joke. It wasn't. It was a hard spank on the ass for most of them. Now they know I wasn't kidding when I said you need to remember everything in chemistry. What we do in September comes back to haunt you in April. Learning it for the test doesn't cut it. I sent a progress report out to every parent a few weeks ago indicating their kid was doing poorly whether they were actually doing badly or not. It was actually pretty ambigious. It really depended on the relationship the parent had with the kid. Bottom line is that the report cards are always bad 3rd quarter and I didn't want anyone to be surprised. I'm giving several kids their first C ever. I'm also sending one kid back to jail.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Harriet said...

A deer coming home from school? Now that's remarkable! ;-)

Apr 2, 2008, 12:55:00 AM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

What are you live-blogging your evening after work now?

I start by unlocking my front door and walking inside. My cat, Barney, trots up to greet me but then turns and walks away as if to say, "Oh, just you."

And why do teachers insist on spelling the word "days" incorrectly?

Apr 3, 2008, 12:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back to jail?!

Apr 4, 2008, 12:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You both have cats named Barney...?

And if Paulmc chimes in, I'm sure he'll tell you that his dad in Chelmsford has had multiple coyote sightings in his yard. So much so that they and neighbors are scared to let their cats out.

Apr 4, 2008, 11:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com