Friday, March 10, 2006

She Blinded Me With a Face Full of Nitric Acid

I have a big problem with people who think science says things. Science say's nothing. It's merely the descriptive term for a collection of ideas and methods using repeatable observation and logic to help make sense out of the world around us. People say things. Sometimes they're backed up by evidence collected using scientific method. Sometimes people make complete asshat statements with either no or very flawed logic. But it's not science that does the talking and assuming so clearly demonstrates your staggeringly fundamental misunderstanding of what science is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

And what brought this on?

Mar 10, 2006, 3:34:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

I was reading comments in a debate on Intelligent Design and there were far too many posts with the phrase 'science says'.

Mar 10, 2006, 3:51:00 PM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

I take major offense as my Christian name is Science Taylor Makenzie, Jr..

I say a lot of things. One thing I've been known to say is that Intelligently designing a computer is the greatest thing Science Jr. has ever done. Then it got sick.

Mar 14, 2006, 6:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com