Saturday, May 13, 2006

Ahhh Yassah. Der's Other Ways About Learn'in Bout The Behind Feet Of The Mule Without Be'in Kicked By Em

Teachers test? Why thank you for asking. Thermodynamics question that just plum got on top of my chest and started beat'in on me the last time? They plum jes din'nt bother bout askin. All my fancy book learn'n went for nuttin. Ask me about some Gibbs Free Energy and the 3 and a half laws of thermodynamics and I jes smile and tell you about the zeroth law and then about enthalpy and the conservation of energy and then some entropy and top it all off with some absolute zero entropy constant nonsense. I's all prepared and then they jus shucked me a new ear of corn. Stead they's jes gave me exactly the same 80 multiple choice questn's as last time. Then two new essay questn's about nuttin. First essay was about theoretical yield verses actual yield and what the percent yield means to both and why they don't quite add up to nuttin. I recon that that's what they teach in the second week of freshman chemistry. Second essay was to label the parts of a Bunsen Burner and explain what's goin on wit chall and how not to hurt oneself wid'it. So I popped me some fancy champagne when I got homestead and now I'm off to watch a bootleg copy of my favrite Disnee Cartoon.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dean ASC said...

Do ya like drinkin? Sure you do. Who the hell don't?

What'ch you swattin at?

May 13, 2006, 8:51:00 PM  
Blogger Bry said...

Dean: do future employers know how many times you had to take the teachers test to pass? Will it matter if it takes me fifteen times?

Hope not.

May 13, 2006, 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Yes they will know how many times. I don't think it matters much so long as you do pass. The chemistry questions are either really easy or if you don't know the material then are very hard. Science and math are very objective, the answer is right or wrong. English, music, spanish... those tests are much more subjective and examinees are at the mercy of the individual correcting their test. It also helps that the state needs more math and science teachers and have an incentive to ease up on the grading rubric for the essay questions and write fairly easy multiple choice questions. There were a lot of listed statements and the question was choose the correct answers like the following:

1 water is wet
2 water is dry
3 water is flamable
4 water is HNO+ and radioactive

A 1 and 3
B 1 only
C 2, 3 and 4
D 4 only

If you don't know water is wet or dry but know 3 and 4 are false there's only one way to answer the question based on the set of possible answers. This is of course apocryphal. The questions are much more specific then my example but that's a good representation of how the questions are structured to lead into a correct answer.

May 14, 2006, 8:54:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

Glad things were easier this time round. Me, I really like things easy.

May 14, 2006, 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger American Interior Monologue said...

Once you get certified there is no way an employer can see how many times you took the damned test.
Sounds like the exam is experiencing some entropy of its own.

May 14, 2006, 9:23:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

I thought they could see the failed scores. Maybe I was thinking it wasn't just during the testing phase that failed scores would show. Good to know.

May 15, 2006, 12:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

origami yoda is correct in that future employers do not know how many times a candidate has taken the teacher test. HOWEVER, one can only take it so many times. I think the DOE lets one take the test 7 times (or maybe 10).
I know Dean passed. Bry, you should have no problem with the test for you are wicked smaahtt! I can only speak for the Spanish test that some people have taken it about 5 or 6 times, even those who have lived and studied in spanish speaking countries. Having learned Castillian in college I feel that those who have corrected my exams in the past do not appreciate certain words and phrases that are not used in Latin America. I would like to know who corrects my exams and where they originate from.
Cheers!
lisa jsc

May 16, 2006, 11:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com