Friday, December 23, 2005

A mosquito, my libido

Courtney Love is going to sell off the Nirvana back catalog. She's asking 100 million dollars. Now put your pinky to your mouth and say that. ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS. I haven't thought about Nirvana's music in forever but it does bring up a funny anecdote.

It's about a midlife crisis. OK not mine. Back in '94 I worked with a high rolling stock broker who was dating his former assistant. The one who broke up his marriage. She was in her early 20's and he was well into his 40's. Now when Curt Cobain shot himself there was a candle light vigil for him on the Boston Commons. That day he shows up for work all decked out in black and he's trying to tell me how hip he is since he's going to the Curt Cobain vigil with the girlfriend that night. I was in my early 20's and a big fan of Nirvana but even I knew to let it go. The next day I asked him if he was the oldest guy there by like 30 years. He didn't want to talk about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com