Friday, January 18, 2008

WHIP!

Hey,

For my two readers, sorry, you're probably too far away to take advantage of this. For the rest of you, BIG FUCKING NEWS!!!!

Maddies is going out of business tonight.

I'll be there around 4.

$2 beers! $4 drinks.

For those of you who live in civilized places, beers are running around $5.25 here and Apple Watermellon Sour Patch Kids Martinis go for $9 bucks.

Maddies is where the infamous "Himmler was right" night started.

Marblehead where the old saying "this place wouldn't survive without me" turns out to be true every time a good bartender quits.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maddies? How come I don't know this place?

Jan 17, 2008, 9:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know how it went.
Don't leave out a single detail.

Jan 17, 2008, 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

I would have hopped on a bullet train to get there but I had to watch movies or something. (And there aren't any bullet trains out my way.)

If you drink in "downtown" Madison at the college bars, you may pay comprable prices to that.

If you take the time to leave the campus area (or just refuse to go get jostled in overcrowded and overpriced bars with a bunch of 19 year-olds) you can usually find a bar that sells Miller products for $2.50.

In Bozeman, we used to get $5.50 pitches of Guiness on Sundays. The Molly Brown had a pitcher special every night of the week and Sunday was anything on tap. That was glorious (except for the next day.)

Jan 21, 2008, 4:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn. I missed it. But, of course, I have to comment on this thread. Must ... wade ... through ... all the No Child Left Behind "K-E-N-N -- gee, that's a funny way to spell Bush" posts above it ... strength ebbing ... blacking out ...

If I had been been able to be there, i would have raised a pint glass of gin & tonic (typically consisting of 5% ice, 5% tonic water and 90% of the house gin, probably Poland Spring brand) to the Sail Loft. Although I’ve only been there a few times (and only once since the, uh, incident) every time’s been pretty memorable. (As Marty’s parents would agree.)

And I’ve still never been to the Port Hole.

Jan 28, 2008, 2:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com