Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Student Of Mine Made A Phone Call Today

No give me the phone. Hello. You mean this really is ______'s father. Yes this really is _____'s teacher. No she's feeling sick. You think it's strep throat. Well usually students ask for a pass to see the nurse and I give them one. Then they don't disrupt my class with a cellphone. Well no she certainly doesn't sound like she normally does. I'll send her down, the number of the main office is ########. They'll dismiss her from there.

Well that was awkward.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger RicketyFunk said...

It's absurd that kids think they can just use their phones whenever they feel like, but they take their cues from adults who do the exact same thing.

A friend of mine said that her brother will text other people while talking with her, face to face. If he did that to me, I would stop talking and wait till he was done texting and then say something like, "If you have other things/people/activities you would rather be doing than focusing on what's going on here, by all means don't let me get in the way."

But it sounds like you handled your situation by establishing a precident. Sort of like thanking other students for not calling their parents instead of following classroom protocal.

Apr 18, 2008, 2:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com