Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I’m Not Dead. I Feel Fine. I Don’t Want To Go In The Cart. I Feel Happy. I Feel Happy.

I’m beginning to think that this Will Ferrell hoax is a setup. Not on the part of Ferrell but as a method of discrediting the Internet as a source of news.

Newspapers are all tanking due to competition with the new electronic media. Unfortunately Internet versions of subscription newspapers can’t make any money. There are too many that were free in the beginning and now like running water in Bolivia, no one wants to pay for it when it was provided gratis for so long. Geographic lines are no longer a barrier to the reader so when they do charge there will be no reason for me to pay for The Boston Globe if I can read all the AP wire stuff on Yahoo. Sure I miss out on the local or metro section but there are other sites that do a decent job of providing regional coverage. Also, I don’t want to read the news a day late now that I’m used to instant information.

So then you can see how threatened dead tree publishing is. It would be in their best interest to throw some monkeys into the wrenches and show how easy and fast a hoax can spread. I found the story on one of the news aggregators that I frequent shortly after it was posted and thought how strange as I was just thinking about Will Ferrell the day before. So I linked to it. Now I know my 30 readers aren’t going to be enough to support me as I start some publishing revolution, but unless I pull my posting it will eventually hit the search engines and come up when people search for ‘Will Ferrell Dead’. I’ll be forever linked to as that guy who wants Jake Gyllenhaal dead. (Really I don’t want him dead. I’m just sick of hearing about some lagging ‘B list’ actor who managed to get his ‘Q Rating’ up by taking such an obviously calculated career move. I could just as easily have picked Joshua Jackson, hell Hollywood is full of actors in the process of washing out. You pick one.)

Another theory could be that the hoax was perpetrated as the first step toward enacting legislation locking down the only free press that can do serious national and international damage to our increasingly totalitarian government. After all, congress is trying to sneak in a law penalizing reporters who report legitimate news against the presidents wishes. With TV, radio and print media all merged and owned by a tiny handful of powerful friends of the president, the Internet is now the only counter source of news. It’s the only thing forcing the mainstream media to acknowledge and report on real controversies. It will only be a matter of time before the Internet becomes the sole challenge to the Oval Office’s totalitarian control of all reporting media. Take a look at China with how oppressive the official news is and their efforts to keep international dissent from reaching their citizenry. Our own government has every reason to fear bad publicity, remember it was the fax machine that brought down the Soviet Union. Cell phones and text messaging helped the Muslim underclass organize a national revolt in France and Australia this past summer. It will be electronic media that helps organize the next American Revolution. Consider your camera phone to be the new ‘Liberty Tree’ (just don’t forget to take out the battery when trying to hide.)

It makes perfect sense to me that during the run up to grab away our freedom the government needs a scandal to point their vulgar little fingers at so that the (unfortunately) less astute majority will shout out a resounding ‘Yes, show that Internet who’s boss! We can’t have phony news reports showing up on the computers that most of us don’t understand how to use.’ It’s not like if we wait a while the truth doesn’t arrive just as quickly. That system can’t be any worse then the official daily publication and smearing of lies and propaganda that the mainstream media broadcasts continuously and then quietly ‘corrects’ at 3am on Sunday, once, never to be mentioned again.

23 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but at the same time I believe Bush Inc is capable of anything.

And since you mentioned Mr Ferrell and this whole dead thing again in this post, you'll still be linked to it.

Mar 15, 2006, 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Thanks, my best friends are Jewish, Pagan, Agnostic, Catholic, Unitarian and some I just don't know what they belive. I'm not sure what that has to do with Will Ferrell not being dead.

Mar 15, 2006, 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Sorry Kevin, I didn't realize you posted. I was trying to respond to my first reply above you. I seem to have a lot more attention today then I usually get. But if I have the right to say what I feel then I'm going to leave Monsignor Dornigan's post. Obviously it's his feeling, not mine.

Mar 15, 2006, 1:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mar 15, 2006, 2:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you're just not used to the attention from being linked off whatreallyhappened.com

Mar 15, 2006, 2:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will farrell..

the most untalented SNL lead man
in ages.

a true mediocrity.

i wish he really had died.

Mar 15, 2006, 3:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're on to something.
ASC not for whom the bell tolls...

~Rational Realist

Mar 15, 2006, 4:56:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mar 15, 2006, 7:42:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Please keep posts on topic. Hating jews and the WTC Towers are not what we're discussing today.

Mar 15, 2006, 7:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mar 15, 2006, 8:05:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mar 15, 2006, 9:03:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

OK, that's it! I'm erasing every post that isn't on topic. To survive you must post only on the following 3 things, Will Ferrell, the media and if there's a conspiracy to discredit the Internet, or how awesome I am. Everyone else get's erased. Don't bother posting crap. It won't last long.

Mar 15, 2006, 9:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mar 15, 2006, 9:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and of course 911 is relevant to media conspiracies they wouldn;t have survived even a little scrutiny to the facts with their whole bogus psyop story. Get a clue man, you have an opportunity here to spread some real truth that needs some answers right now.

Mar 15, 2006, 9:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this guy is a bullshit nazi censor, good luck getting anyone to come back to this. All internet hoaxes die fast, as will the carpet you just hitched a quick ride on. Probably doesnt matter to you anyway right, dont they pay morons good treasury notes to saturate our mindset with worthless information.

Mar 15, 2006, 9:28:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

I'm not a bullshit nazi censor. It was obvious to me that Tom was baiting y'all into a fight. I just don't wish to hold my blog as a forum for such a fight. I also do have some very dear friends who are Jewish. I don't want them coming here and thinking I agree with childish slurs. In any event, that really is off topic.

I can seperate Jews individually from some of the bad press that gets spread around the Internet about them in general. As I would hope that the rest of the world may understand that not every American is just like George Bush.

There are other places for discussing the direct events of 9/11. When the day comes that I decide to post my views on what happened to the World Trade Center feel free to open up with both barrels. Until then I will not have this forum turn into an excuse to spread hate or petty bickering.

Mar 15, 2006, 9:55:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

It was obvious to me that Tom was baiting y'all into a fight.

WHAT? How are facts supposed to be presented. God forbid people that believe BS about a "controlled explosion" get exposed to facts right? It is an outrage that such nonsense gets so much endorsement.

My post was right on target about "if there's a conspiracy to discredit the Internet" what could do more to discredit the Internet and make the internet look more like a forum for fools than people believing in "controlled demolition" and "no planes?"

You do your part keeping the BS going. It would have killed you to leave my post alone right?

And since I was the one labeled as being part of Jewish or Government propaganda, you should make more effort to separate out your comments when criticizing my posts and those made by people talking about Jews. You are carelessly mentioning my posts and the posts talking about Jews in the same breath, you give the impression that I was talking about Jews. Why not just dealt the posts that had the slurs (against me) instead of my post which is one of the few places onto the Internet that debunks the BS "controlled demolition" crap.

Mar 15, 2006, 11:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all I can see why you deep-six "Tom"'s garbage - I would too.

Secondly, we all seem to ignore the fact that our precious Internet is a product of DARPA - Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. I suppose that after the honey pot's attracted all the bees there's no more need to leave it open.

Mar 16, 2006, 12:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, well, anyway 911 is still a big deal because if they would do that to their own nation once, then...

Mar 16, 2006, 12:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

During one Zen nexus I contemplated the rich. They're not powerful. Anything with flesh so tender for the mob to eat is called "food". Is there a secret rich guy bunker they can all hide should the Bastille be consumed again. Have they focking forgot whose in control?

During that "nexus" I understood the depth of purpose of the rich: To share conversation of newly acquired trinkets and a commiserate a pretense of guilt for us focking rabble fighting for your crumbs. Ass holes!

Now there are probably pure power souls that, though not messianic, beleive they have the secret formula to inflict balance, and there are those non messianic power souls that have agendas (like global arms trade and risk priced essential commodities). Right now our media is owned by defense outfits. When dubby was elected, before uncle tom got the chair, time wagner's CEO had a cv and investment portfolio that was all defense. Chris Mathews barks for GE jet engines and DU munitions. ABC - Lookheed. So it's either a bunch of messianic blood suckers doing the destiny thing or - our everyday rich and powerful focking psychopath writing our toil and slaughter off as the cost of being chosen.

Poor poor rich guys. Yummy yummy!

Where did all the smart military guys go? There used to be real smart guys that knew how to argue the truth. Who had a conscience. Who lived to protect our constitution. Now the army bosses sound like security guard "managers" - but maybe that's what they are - sales centers for us taxpayer weapon purchases and security gaurds for oil companies. They must be proud.

There are no patriots in the media - in the beltway - there are no truth sayers in media. In the beltway. They are all shills for murder. They should all be considered as war crime suspects.

Iraq is murder. Palestine is murder. It is all murder. It's all MURDER.

Mar 16, 2006, 1:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drizzl dazzle druzzle drone now is the time for you all to find homes. Not conspiracy, nor theory, not phantom, not light leaves this media without fight. Play your tune for for them at noon or act your play and seldom get paid. Words are truth and just more lies intent for words from the mind hides. Internet forum of the day struggle for those in a past way, changes in time slow or no and games have rules similar or so. From all thoughts words are flung into the net like piling dung, its was played from Adam to Sam the games a foot, jargon for names remembered in soot. Not you or I or any man will answer the challenge then or now the games is grand, the internet piled with words of dung, host thoughts of old revealed to the young, this blog says Will is dead or not yet come, don't speak of Jews a subject of none, file the thought first on the web, while the elderly speak of crimes of stead, finsh now what to be read, bfore this blog puts even this to dead.

Mar 16, 2006, 1:47:00 AM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Tom, your first post was solely about the World Trade Center with no mention of how it relates to discrediting the media. I felt it was off topic. That I mentioned it in relation to bigotry against jews in the same sentence was merely as an example of what I felt was off topic.

I'm afraid I've opened up pandora's box and now I'm just trying to make it clear that I want to keep things from getting totally out of hand. If you would like to discuss specific examples of how the media or the Internet twist things feel free to do so. Just make it clear and in context with how you connect it to this topic.

If anyone would like to escalate the discussion beyond this topic, Blogger accounts are free. Free exchange of ideas is the key to advancing all of human civilization, but this is my house and although I've invited you in, it's up to you not to insult your host.

Mar 16, 2006, 9:05:00 AM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

oh Dean... so sorry to read all of this. Sheesh. There are a lot of (insert adjectival word here) people online with no real sense of reason.

Suggest reading for the day. Kant, Critique of Pure Reason. (to be read in one day.)

I spent a good hour trying to figure out what you were talking about with the whole W.F. Death thing and found only one site about a previous hoax pulled in a highschool in February. I Figg'erd it just something that you got suckerd in ta.

I agree with the post about W.F.'s talent as a SNL frontman. I just didn't find his comedy that funny. Comedy is about surprise. Humor comes from having expectations unmet and instead met with something that is a surprise. That's why those Funniest Home Video's with the guy getting kicked in the groin were so funny (first three episodes of first season only.)

Yeah.

Mar 16, 2006, 2:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com