Friday, March 17, 2006

Last night I held Aladdin's lamp

The last couple days have been amazing. 6510 hits Wednesday, 3009 hits yesterday. I think I only had about a thousand hits in the 2 months I had counters. Traffic today, so far, is 163 hits. I’m guessing most of that is residual traffic coming in from the What Really Happened and America Uncensored links. (I’m not going to point you to America Uncensored because they have a really fucking annoying Midi file that you can’t turn off. Today it’s Martika’s ‘Toy Soldiers’. I promise you I will never embed music on this site.) Once I fall off the front pages of those websites we’ll see if I get any repeat traffic or my numbers fall back to an average 27 hits per day.

One thing that really surprised me were the comments that people left. Some of them were just plain rude. Some of them were definitely schizophrenic in nature. I know I’m more in tune to the alternate theories about politics then your average Fox News victim but really guys, it doesn’t help the cause by coming off as paranoid reactionaries. You've got to look and sound just as slick as the competition if you want to be taken seriously. Manic poems don’t impress anyone. They’re kind of a turnoff.

It remains to be seen where I’ll go from here. I think I’m going to take the weekend off. Tune back in Monday. I’ll post a movie about Barney.

5 Comments:

Blogger RicketyFunk said...

I surely bet that I could write a manic poem for you that would not only knock your socks off, but also get your rocks off. You would not be able to resist my overly-animated verbal gesticulations to the tune of "I am the King of Siam!!!" erstwhile frolicing across the room checking that everyone has their tea... (all on paper of course)

I read a lot of Bill Burroughs.

Mar 17, 2006, 1:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want such sites to become as much as possible, and their number increased with every day!
- deanasc.blogspot.com j
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

Dec 31, 2006, 6:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first tried this product when visiting in Portland and mistakenly assumed this product left my hair so nice-to-the-touch because the Oregon water was so soft. Not so. Using it in my own hometown, I

have had the same results -- soft, natural curls. Too many styling products on the market leave hair stiff and crinkly. Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Cream is well worth the cost. Be advised that only a

dime-size amount is necessary to great results

Dec 29, 2012, 4:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am an African American woman with naturally kinky/coarse hair. I decided to stop using relaxers over a year ago, furthermore straightening my hair became a difficult task. I could never seem to get the

results I was looking for out of a flat iron without going to a professional hair salon and spending $65.00 a visit.

Dec 29, 2012, 6:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After having used a $20

straightener just to see if I'd actually use one if I had it, I finally stopped wanting to fry my hair, and decided to upgrade. I picked this one out because of the long titanium plates, and because I'd

heard an alarming amount of bad things about the Chi flat irons. I have been so happy with this straightener. My hair is super straight, smooth, and shiny. I've gotten so many compliments on my hair since

using it. It's glides right through my thick, stubborn, wavy hair. One stroke usually gets it perfect, some extremely stubborn parts take two. It's so easy and fast to use. I've got so much hair (a

hairdresser once called me "Mufasa", if that's any indication), and I'm done in about 15 minutes.

Dec 30, 2012, 4:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com