Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Give Me Liberty Or Nanny Me Until It's Unbearable

So many things have been bothering me I don't even know where to begin. For a couple months now I've been working on my definitive position on illegal immigration. I start and stop and edit and junk the whole thing and start again. The issue is too complex for one blog post but several postings will lessen any impact my position may hold. However there is one aspect that really cheeses me off.

Amnesty.

The idea that so many people have broken the law that it's not worth it to the government to enforce it and so we should just let all the criminals stay if they promise to not to break anymore laws. That's a great idea.

It seems to be a trend where if no one obeys the law and there's a buck to be made, Congress should just let it become all legal. It's a fine idea. More liberty for all so long as there's a tax revenue to be made.

One of the major heath reasons against marajuana has been debunked by no less than a respected authority then Scientific American. I seem to remember a highschool assembly where we were told that cigarettes had a filter and protected you from tar and that was why you shouldn't smoke pot. Or some such thing. I don't really remember, I was drunk at the time. I think lung cancer is caused by a lot more then just cigarettes. In fact, when we run out of oil I bet lung cancer rates will drop off dramatically. I'm not saying a pack a day isn't bad for you but I'm not convinced that cig's are the sole reason why there are so many lung cancer patients in the industrial world. So if there's no health reason not to smoke the wakky tobakky and the US Government is so willing to forgive criminals when there's a buck to be made why are drugs still illegal?

And how many more murders have to be committed before Congress lets us all get away with that too?

5 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

You mean that poor air quality has a detrimental effect on health? I never knew that.

May 24, 2006, 2:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not so much how I feel about immigration, as how much I don't want to be associated with a bunch of ignorant, arrogant racists apes.

old journal entry from me

Anyway--yes illegal immigrants should be documented, because it is in their own interest not to exploited. Yes, they should pay income tax like the rest of us. No, they shouldn't get free college tuition when our own citizens don't (thank you crazy liberal Massholes for coming up with that one!)

But I hardly think these people are a threat to national security.

I hear some people saying that the U.S. is becoming a Third World country. We're not a Third World country because we have illegal Third Worlders. We're going Third World because our economy is shit, the rich are getting richer, the poor are being exploited, and the middle class is being squeezed away to a memory.

I have no fear of illegal immigrants taking _my_ job. Now, let's talk about outsourcing. The illegals can't take my job if my job gets sent over to India! And is that the Indians fault? No--they're taking opportunities that they are given. The Mexicans? No--same idea. It's the goddamn American companies that only care about the bottom-line. You know, the same attitude that makes them employ illegals in the first place.

Bend me over and fuck me with a stick.

May 24, 2006, 3:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to be clear, I meant that I don't want to be associated with a bunch of ignorant, arrogant racist WHITE apes.

Then again, I shouldn't be insulting the apes like that.

No wonder minorities hate us.

May 24, 2006, 3:46:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Wait, are you calling me a racist?

May 24, 2006, 9:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Certainly not. Present company excluded :)

If someone has rational arguments, I have no issues.

If a bunch of self-proclaimed border watching yahoos "wanna keep 'em furreners out" and their only reason is "cuz they talk funny and have brown skin", then I have a problem.

May 24, 2006, 9:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com