Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Next Time Just Use Amphetamines

Big news here in Massachusetts and to the surprise of no one is that there's a burgeoning demand for cheap health care. That comes as no big surprise, even the poor illegal immigrant wants to look prettier even though MassHealth won't cover the cosmetic surgery.

But what's the consumer to do when even legitimate physicians kill more patients then car accidents or handguns? Some say that modern medicine stacks the deck against the paitent in the first place.

OK OK, I know drugs from a legitimate pharmacy prescribed by a knowledgable physician are almost always safe, right? I mean name one person in the family who nearly got killed by their physician this week. Can anyone come up with even just one name?

I can. It turns out that Allopurinol a daily pill to control Gout can in some not so rare cases make the disease worse. Once again, Lisa's grandfather dodged a bullet because we're here taking care of him.

So it's Dean 2 Old Age 0 and we never got a definitive diagnosis on pneumonia or not. It never showed up on any of his Xrays but he's feeling much better. All in all, I'd say it's Dean 2 Physicians 0.

As for home liposuction, it really is too bad that doctors aren't allowed to prescribe Dexedrine for weight loss. Nothing is more effective, you lose your appetite and want to go out and lift heavy things and put them back down again. Unless you have ADD, you lose your appetite and mellow out for a while. It's too bad it's off patent. Then maybe a drug company would fight for a patients right to use it.

3 Comments:

Blogger RicketyFunk said...

It's sad that our country is obsessed with pills. If you have a problem with weight, take a pill. If you want to quit smoking, take a pill. If you can't get it up, take a pill. If you can't sleep at night...

I'm not saying that I'm against medicine, but I think that most people go to see a doctor and expect to be given a prescription for whatever their problem is. I used to think like this, but I don't really think it's that necessary.

When I got a wicked case of Foliculitis in my beard last summer, I tried to ride it out, but it didn't go away. I eventually ended up going to see a doctor and got a scrip for antibiotics and it cleared up. On the other hand, when I'm not able to sleep, I try and figure out what the hell is bothering me and then correct that problem.

Like I said a while ago about the stem cell thing. It's not about curing the problem, it's about medicating the problem and keeping the money flowing into the Pharm-Team's coffers.

With that said, I do hope that your grandfather is doing better/improving.

Aug 3, 2006, 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Thank you. I am a firm believer in the take a pill philosophy if there is no better treatment option. I wish we as a nation valued research beyond simple "cut it or drug it" therapy. However until a better method comes along, there's no shame in taking medications that do the trick so long as they are actually a benefit to the patient and not simply a money hoover for the patent holder.

Aug 3, 2006, 12:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so cool! I don't think I'vе reаd through anything
like that before. Sο great to find another person with a few
orіgіnal thoughtѕ on this ѕubject matter.
Really.. many thanks for starting thіs up. This website iѕ one thing that іs rеquirеԁ οn thе inteгnеt, ѕοmeone with some originality!


my ωеbsite; fast weight loss - budocorners.com
My web page > hcg prescription - abbooks.info

Mar 18, 2013, 12:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com