Thursday, October 05, 2006

News Just Keeps Getting Better For Me

More good news. The study that shows drinkers earn more has gone even further into the specifics. It turns out that binge drinking as a teen correlates to a higher paycheck during adult hood. It is a greater factor then even current drinking and so discounts the "social network theory" that I linked to before.

If I read all this right, binge drinking which is unhealthy when a teen is good for your paycheck later in life. Teen binge drinking correlates to a higher degree of risk taking. Along with bad driving and sexual activities. It's basic economics. After they tell you about "buy low, sell high" they tell you about "risk vs reward". Those are risky behaviors and an individuals willingness to engage in risk ultimately pays off. Except in those cases where it doesn't.

So basically everything I tell my students not to do. And everything I did even though I was told not to do is exactly what kids should be doing if they want to be successfull life.

I knew my teachers were full of shit. I hope I'm not.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, you are full of shit too.

:)

Oct 5, 2006, 8:56:00 PM  
Blogger Bry said...

Where I come from binge drinking correlates to having rich parents, thus the higher paycheck later in life. Those of us who had to balance school and work didn't have as much time to get trashed. Also: binge drinking without getting caught is caused by having transportation (your own car) to get you away from local cops and parents that will do anything to get you out of trouble (rich folks with a reputation to keep). College binge drinking is the same: those whose parents pay for school have a lot more time to get fucked up. The poor kids in town got drunk too, but they always ended up in police custody afterward.

Oct 9, 2006, 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger American Interior Monologue said...

Detroit just clinched the ALCS. What is this world coming to? Anyway, I used to work in marketing/Sales/Promotions. You drink with your boss, as much as your boss, and get rewarded by your boss. It is a codependent- mutualistic-symbiotic relationship.

Oct 14, 2006, 8:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com