Wednesday, November 22, 2006

How Was Your Day Before Thanksgiving Dean?

Nice of you to ask. I had office duty first thing during the day. I stood in the front entrance with the visitors sign-in. It was cold. Since the recent unpleasantness in schools we have a police officer on duty in the building. He and I talked for 45 minutes about nothing. A lot of his job is to stand around and let the community know he's watching and that's what he did. Nice guy but there was no one in that hallway that needed guarding against. My job is not to stand around doing squat but that's what office duty is. I think my time could have been better used correcting the pile of papers my students turned in yesterday. The next two hours were my prep time. I corrected papers and watched streaming video of the town of Danvers as it burned to the ground. Since I teach a lab course I get an extra prep each day. Finally during 4th period I met with my students. I had them for 20 minutes before dismissal for the pep rally. We played pictionary. The girls won.

I had 20 minutes of contact time with my students today. 20 minutes before dismissal for fall break. It was science pictionary. The taxpayers might not think they got their moneys worth from me today. I'd say they broke even. 27 thirteen year olds riled up for the big pep rally. It was all I could do to keep them from tearing the room apart. Did they learn anything in my class today? Probably not but I doubt they learned anything in any other class either.

The pep rally was fun.

And the students managed to slip a fast one past the administration. Painted on a banner 30 feet large was a hand showing "the shocker" with the phrase "Shock'em!" The students slipped a fast one past us. I thought it was hilarious.

Oh yeah...

I also found out today that I'm a Freemason now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Sniffy Rules

Nov 22, 2006, 8:41:00 PM  
Blogger coffeesnob said...

I learned something today, and my pinkie will never be the same.

Nov 22, 2006, 9:44:00 PM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

If you spread "the shocker" middle and forefinger apart, you have the hand signal for the ASU Wildcats.

Pep rallys always make the day seem worthwile.

"GO TEAM!"

Nov 23, 2006, 5:14:00 AM  
Blogger Bry said...

Funny, I don't find "The Shocker" all that shocking. It's a hell of a lot better than some of the things we said and did in high school.

Nov 24, 2006, 11:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pep Rally? AG was always sick on that day. Along with 8TH grade relay day. That stuff was so boring to AG.

Nov 27, 2006, 4:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com