Tuesday, February 06, 2007

This Is Probably The Last Thing Adorable Girlfriend Will Ever Read On My Blog

Sorry AG, I don't believe the FDA is truly capable of ascertaining whether or not they've recieved all the data from any Big Pharma drug trial. It's entirely too easy to bury bad trials when motivated to do so. I do believe you've seen the FDA bite like a pit bull but I also know that pit bulls are just small dogs and the drug companies can cherry pick whatever data they want the FDA to see.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Feb 4, 2007, 5:19:00 AM  
Blogger coffeesnob said...

Oooh, I hate when they do that!

Feb 4, 2007, 9:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am currently involved with a study to determine if three popular drugs in a single class of drugs cause cancer, as ordered by a drug approval agency in another country. I am asking the drug companies to send the research company I work for data from every clinical trial they've ever done that is randomized and controlled with placebo so we can analyze it and establish the correllation with cancer, or not. I am totally dependent on their selecting the studies for this evaluation, and I have no way of knowing if they have withheld any or not. Something tells me we will not find cancer.

Feb 5, 2007, 12:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dean, there is no doubt that you get bad apples in this industry. We've all seen the Constant Gardener.

I just don't think it's as bad as people make it seem. Largely because lawsuits are very expensive and cost a lot in lost sales.

Feb 5, 2007, 6:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Is that really your mom posting?

Feb 6, 2007, 11:53:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Yep. It was my mommy.

Feb 7, 2007, 4:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com