Saturday, September 01, 2007

Computer is killing me

Here's a little bit of fucked up trivia.

If you have a webpage in Safari open on your iPhone (you do have an iPhone now don't you?) If you open a page on the built in browser that has a phone number on it, clicking on it dials the phone. That's a nice feature.

The bug is that the feature carries over to TCP/IP addresses. So if you have an iPhone (why do I douubt that you do? Doesn't every one?) Click on this:

192.168.0.1

Now click on this:

http://66.30.66.128/

So it dials the bad number and doesn't recognize the good and proper html for a real website.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure enough. I bet they fix this soon, somehow. At least it gives you a dialog asking to confirm or cancel the dialing.

Sep 2, 2007, 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

It ignores the html and still tries to dial the number on the second one.

On a funny totally off topic note... I can't believe Comcast actually let me register the email address


craptasticservice@comcast.net

Sep 2, 2007, 12:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com