Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Where I've been.

For a few months I haven't really felt like talking. I had a lot on my mind but nothing approaching a cogent thought. For much of the time we were simply exhausted from, well from life.

Lisa's grandfather passed away. Now I'm almost free to talk about it. It's hard to talk without sounding like I'm gloating. I'm not. Tom was my best friend these last few years. We played together. I listened to the same god damned stories every week. Each telling seemed to be taking on a more intense sense of urgency. Tom had to get them out before his end came. He knew it was coming. He fought every slip and slide toward what comes next. Kind of like that Seinfeld episode where George fakes being a marine biologist.

"The sea was angry that day my friend!" "Like an old man sending back a bowl of soup in a restaurant."

Tom refused that last bowl of soup as if he could hold off and hold on to one more rush. But he knew when he bought his last car that he was buying his last car. He knew the mess he was leaving when he burned the engine on his Porsche. He knew no one would buy his broken down Bricklin during his lifetime.

We had the Porsche fixed. I just could not stand the thought of it not rolling around. The Bricklin I can do myself.

He left Lisa the house and the objects there-in. He left the cars to her but it was understood that the cars would be for me to look after as I had when he was living. He left us land that we can't build a house on. The joke's on Wenham. I found a tax loophole that lets me tell them to go fuck off. We can't build and they can't tax us on it. They get my trees for a decade and I have my own adventure park to four wheel drive in.

We have nothing to complain about. Hopefully no one else will and the estate will pass probate quickly. In the mean time, I know what 250 km per hour feels like.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sarah

http://laptopseries.net

Apr 15, 2009, 5:55:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ان شركة قمة الدقة للتنظيف شركة رائدة فى جميع انواع النظافة العامة. والنظافة الان من الامور المهمة والاساسية فى حياة كل شخص ى شركة من اهم شركات التنظيف بالمنطقة وذلك لكونها تمتلك احدث المعدات الخاصة بالتنظيف وتتميز كذلك شركة تنظيف بالجبيل تسعي الي تقديم خدمات تنظيف متميزة لدي عملاء الجبيل باسعار مناسبه وتخفيضات رائعه.
شركة قمة الدقة للتنظيف افضل شركة تنظيف بالجبيل ونقدم خدمات النظافة بالمنطقة الشرقية وخاصة الجبيل ,ولدينا امكانيات وخبرة 20 عاما في مجال التنظيف شركة تنظيف منازل بالجبيلتقدم خدمات تنظيف عالي الزوق والرقة والدقة والخفة وعمالة مرموقة فلبنية عالية افضل شركة تنظيف بالجبيل و الجبيل الصناعية تقدم كافة خدمات التنظيف للمنازل والشركات والقصور
شركة قمة الدقة للخدمات المنزلية
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل هى شركة من أهم شركات التنظيف بالمنطقة وذلك لكونها تمتلك أحدث المعدات الخاصة بالتنظيف وتتميز كذلك شركة تنظيف فلل بالجبيل
لا احد ينكر ان عمليات التنظيف للمنازل والشقق والفلل والمسابح وغيرها من الاماكن الاخرى يحتاج لمجهود كبير للغايه لذلك نقدم لك عزيزى العميل شركة قمة الدقة للتنظيف هل تبحث عميلنا العزيز عن طرق مميزة لتنظيف منزلك ؟ اليك الان شركة تنظيف شقق بالجبيل وهى مجموعة مميزة من الشركات المميزة التى توفر افضل خدمات التنظيف زيزى العميل تعددت شركات التنظيف بمدينة الجبيل ولكن من بين هولاء الشركات لا يمكنك الا ان

Apr 28, 2017, 7:59:00 AM  
Blogger alicetaylor123 said...


Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading.

http://word-cookies-answers.com

Jan 18, 2018, 9:19:00 PM  
Blogger Hayesjohnson93 said...

Thanks for sharing <3

cubic ninja

free online car racing games

Jul 17, 2018, 5:41:00 AM  
Blogger آدم said...



شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالقصيم
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالاحساء

Dec 26, 2021, 2:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com