Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things

Bob Clark the director you would know from "Porky's" but I celebrate as the second greatest zombie film filmmaker ever has passed away in a car crash.

I saw CSPWDT on a TV my dad brought up to Gunstock Maine one chilly summer night just after my parents got divorced. We went camping and I fucking hate camping but I love my dad so I go camping with him. He brought a crappy little TV and plugged it in at the camp ground. Some crappy little UHF channel was running it on their Friday night movie slot and they were so crappy and little they ran the reels in the wrong order. I had no idea what the fuck was going on but I couldn't take my eyes off it.

There's rumors of a remake of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. He was attached to the project so it probably wouldn't have sucked.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

I hadn't heard about this. Bob Clark also directed the rather odd horror film "Black Christmas," which isn't all that great but features a good, funny Margot Kidder performance. Also, his classic "A Christmas Story," and a solid if (script-wise) imperfect Sherlock Holmes movie, "Murder By Decree."

Apr 5, 2007, 7:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin beat me by mentioning "Black Christmas" (which did have its recent remate, which I'm told sucked). Credited with the first-ever "stalk the teenagers from the killer's point of view" tracking shots. Either John Carpenter, Sam Raimi or Wes Craven would eventually come up with it, but Clark did it first.

Apr 5, 2007, 10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com