Friday, August 03, 2007

The Best Part Of The Movie

Lisa and I just watched 'The Black Dahlia'. Dissapointment with Cinemax showing it fullscreen aside the movie sucked except for one thing. It had a who-the-hell-is-that moment, which I live for. One bit actor fired off a moment of recognition just long enough for me to sit wondering for the rest of the movie where I just saw him recently. So I looked him up when the movie ended. I liked 'Doom' but it was the brain cell which just last week watched 'Batman Begins' that was trying to get my attention.

Welcome to Hollywood Mr Brake. You see the same people on the way down that you passed on the way up. Good luck!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have not seen the movie, but interesting note is that Elizabeth Short (the murder victim) was from Medford, MA. There's a dedication plaque to her somewhere in Medford (I saw a photo of it online.)

Aug 4, 2007, 12:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all over the movie. Like it's the only thing to happen in Medford ever.

Aug 4, 2007, 11:56:00 PM  
Blogger Adorable Girlfriend said...

That's not true. Medford got a Papa Gino's downtown.

Aug 6, 2007, 7:02:00 PM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

A movie that gives you satisfaction from nothing other than spending most of it trying to figure out who a bit part is, is like watching yourself at work on a closed-circuit system.

I prefer to do it at the theater because 1. I've paid more so therefore I should enjoy it more 2. I like having the option of walking out and demanding my money back if it comes to that and 3. I doubt that your feet stuck to the floor.

(and Black Dahlia looked boring from the get go.)

Aug 8, 2007, 9:59:00 AM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

I knew it was going to be a suckfest from the get go but I do enjoy Film Noir however ham handed in it's execution. Since there aren't a lot to choose from a starving gourmet will eat at McDonalds.

Aug 8, 2007, 10:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com