Monday, July 16, 2007

Things I Love

iSquint for converting avi, mp4 and wmv files to an iPhone viewable format.

HandBrake for converting (format shifting) my DVD collection to QuickTime files so I can watch them on my iPhone.

320x480 or 480x320 depending on how you hold it is the magic setting to optimize your videos for the 3 1/2 inch monitor.

Also in HandBrake, I notice no flicker down converting to 24 frames per second and unless you're watching something with subtitles 300mb file size looks as good as larger files. There's no need to waste valuable real estate on my puny 4 gig which is really 3.64 gigs.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kevin WOlf said...

The whole point of this blog now is to try and make people jealous of you iPhone, isn't it?

Jul 17, 2007, 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Just like blogging about not having time to blog is the topic of yours. I have a real non-iPhone post coming tomorrow.

Jul 17, 2007, 4:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your level of posts should be going up, because you can blog from anywhere now with your iPhone. I expect live blog trivia team performance updates from the next time you're at O'Neil's.

Jul 18, 2007, 11:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shouldn't the title be "Things iLove"?

Jul 18, 2007, 4:57:00 PM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

"Look at me! I have an eye-phone!" Lah-dee-fricking-dah.

Why don't you roll on over to my place and I'll show you my eye-coc..nevermind.

Jul 19, 2007, 10:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com