Friday, October 12, 2007

How About A Nice Warm Glass Of Shut The Hell Up. You're In My World Now, Gramma!

Fuck. I guess I'm lucky. My run-ins with the police merely end with a ticket or an apology.

Then again, I'm white, middle-aged, educated and affluent. Samuel L. Jackson would say that I'm "A mutherfucking pillar of the mutherfucking community." I get respect where ever I go. But if that's what it takes to get some simple dignity I'm surprised the underclasses haven't stormed whatever passes for the Bastille in 21st century America.

Perhaps it's time they should. I'm tired of apoligising for my privilege and peerage. I yearn to be free and I know I'm not if you aren't.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger RicketyFunk said...

I really want to say that in twenty years you and I will be a part of the underclasses, regardless of what color our skin is, but maybe that's just pessimistic thinking on my part.

Will there ever be "a storming"? probably not. Just poor people taking advantage of poor people. (And that line that defines if you are poor or not will steadily rise. Used to be "poverty" was something like $14K a year... what is it now? What will it be in 20 years?) Rich people don't care as long as they've got their interstes protected. Just like politicians and their short-sighted interests.

I could go on... but I shouldn't. I should just keep my mouth shut.

Oct 12, 2007, 9:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com