Thursday, October 18, 2007

Part 3

I spoke with a colleague who studied for the bar but then decided to be a history teacher instead. His basic take was that the police observing me from the street could enter the property as my presence on wooded land could be reasonably considered unusual. The police then observing me could arrest me for being intoxicated while driving despite being on private property. The arrest would be for the future crime of driving should I leave the property while still intoxicated. However there wouldn't be any actual crime and I would probably not be prosecuted.

He also opined that implied consent is sufficiently vague enough that the police may breathylize anyone possessing a drivers license for any reason any time. There is still no law against driving on private property without a license. Then I saw this.

I played DodgeBall on the faculty team the other night. Teachers lost miserably. I was the last man standing. I even hit the foreign exchange kid. I was the only person to tag him out all night. Then I had a coughing fit so bad I thought it was a heart attack. I don't think it was. I've just had a cold and the new gymnasium still reeks of ammonia from the flooring that still hasn't cured fully. I have video. It's too big to post.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That video reminds me of my trip to Curacao. As we were getting ready to head back from the beach to the hotel, we made the courtesy van wait as we finished out drinks. He commented that we didn't have to finish them on the beach; as long as we weren't driving, it's perfectly legal to drink in an automobile. So, there we were a bunch of drunk kids heading back to the hotel, waving out the open bus to passers-by with full beers in our hands. I even high-fived a traffic cop.

Oct 18, 2007, 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

My roommate in Montana and a friend of his were driving up to Helena one friday night. He was wasted, sitting in a pile of empty cans with an open one in his hand, in the passenger seat.

They got pulled over for some reason and after his friend passed the field sobriety test they were on their way... He said that when the cop asked if they had been drinking, he shouted "I have!" as he held aloft his open can.

They've since changed their laws in Montana due to the threat of federal funds being withheld. (and for saftey reasons?)

Oct 19, 2007, 3:47:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

in mass motor homes are exempt from open container laws if driver is empty handed. Same for big motor coach vans with a hired driver.

Oct 20, 2007, 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

Party Bus!!!!

Always a guaranteed good time. Am I right?

Oct 24, 2007, 4:37:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Around here party boats are the in thing. Especially the big floating salad bowl barges.

Oct 25, 2007, 8:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com