Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Third? Yay! That's Second Runner Up.

Last night was not our most stellar trivia night performance. We came in third. Although I am proud of not only that we got the final question right but how we figured it out. The question was what state erected a monument to a Revolutionary War battle honoring it's centenial that is 306 feet tall. It is the tallest structure in the state. We stressed on it for a minute and then listed the 13 colonies crossing off each one that has a building over 20 stories tall. We settled on Vermont. The other smaller Wisconsin.

Gob came in second and a dark horse team that pulled in some ringers crushed us all. At least Chris and I got a chance to catch up. There's always next week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Vermont. The Battle of Bennington monument.

The irony, like "Bunker" Hill, is that the battle was actually fought over the line in NY state. But the British were marching on the magazine at Bennington, hence the name.

I've been there, it's a nice place. Robert Frost is buried in that town, too.

And speaking of trivia, I tried the Jeopardy online test last night. I don't think I did so well.

Mar 29, 2006, 9:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com