Monday, April 17, 2006

The Wonders Of Modern Living

I hate the deplorable state of modern medicine. More people die from their physicians mistakes then are killed with a handgun each year. Like lawyers, doctors are a necessary evil. Barney had a sudden trip to see Dr Borash this morning and once again I can't get over how quickly he fit us in and how reasonable the cost. The vet, despite having a waiting room full of animals squeezed in another emergency visit for less than what it would cost to fill my truck with 87 octane. The Barney kitty has a touch of conjectivitis and will be taking some drops for the next couple days, nothing to worry about but I'd rather over react early and avoid an expensive treatment later.

So OK, I do enjoy living at a time when health care is more antibiotics and medicine then blood letting at the barbers. Yes, we are healthier today than we've ever been but I think it's more due to plumbing and clean water then any other factor. And also, not killing all the cats because the Pope thinks they're demons. Plague anyone?

Yep Barney and a good plumber. That's all I need to stay healthy. Oh, that and some manditory Health Insurance.

1 Comments:

Blogger RicketyFunk said...

I think it's about time to establish my own religion that says that if a "believer, in order to receive life sustaining treatment, must give up that life by becoming a slave to said sustainer, then the sustainer must be prepared to have that exact punishment returned upon it ten-fold. - thus sayeth Unit 3000-21"

Or something like that.

Apr 18, 2006, 2:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com