Monday, February 19, 2007

I Feel Better

The Police added a second show. Lisa and I got a pair of tickets. I'm kind of pissed off that it wasn't for the Saturday night show.

Really I have nothing to complain about.

I have a student who's mother passed away. She was sent to live with her grandmother who shortly after passed away. She next lived with an "aunt" who just passed away. Now she's under the care of DSS and will be placed in foster care.

Really, I have absolutely no right to complain about not getting tickets to a concert. My life is pretty fucking great.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the tickets!

UC wanted Saturday night tickets too. We're going to see what we can find when they go on general sale tomorrow. We can re-sell Sunday if needed for a fortunate.

Sorry to hear about your student. That makes me very very sad. Does she not have a dad in the picture?

Feb 20, 2007, 12:54:00 AM  
Blogger coffeesnob said...

I was feeling crappy about my lot in life too - until I read your post.

Feb 20, 2007, 7:05:00 AM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

I don't know why the father is not in the picture. All I know is she's lost the three women who've taken care of her. Now she's an orphan for the third time. I really hope she's placed with a permanant family. She needs some consistancy in life.

Feb 20, 2007, 9:59:00 AM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

Losing money is never going to trump losing family.

If it does, I don't want to live in that world.

Feb 21, 2007, 1:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, a permanent family would be best for her. The whole thing makes me very sad.

Feb 21, 2007, 8:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com