Friday, February 23, 2007

Where Have I Been?

Wow, an unusually busy vacation week off from school. I am getting nothing done. Lisa's grandfather was in the hospital for a day. Bronchitis is the most likely problem. He's becoming a handful. Not the spry fellow he was a year ago. I'm also very worried about age related dementia. He's not as clear as he used to be. There's nothing wrong with his hearing but he doesn't understand speach. Everything is "What?" "What?" "What?" Then he gets it but by that point we're shouting our repeated statement at him. He doesn't understand why we're shouting at him all the time.

He's worried all the time about stupid little things. The heat isn't on and he's worried that the heater is broken. I'll admit that this was a problem for a month this winter but after $1,500 it's fixed and working. Sometimes it's warm enough in the house that it doesn't have to be on. Wait until the sun goes down, the heat will come back on. He doesn't get that no matter how many times we tell him that.

The day job is getting harder. I can't play when he wants to. I can't take care of the cars. I'm overwhelmed. I have another MTEL next week. I'm still trying to add Physics to my license. I'm not the least bit prepared.

Lisa and I are a couple days away from another ride on the in-vitro fertalization rollercoaster. I have to come up with something for a substitute to do for a couple days. I got a couple movies from Netflix. I guess I'll show them.

I did pass to the second degree with the Masons. I'm a Fellow Craft now. On St Patricks day I expect to pass to Master Mason. And Darren, that's not really what the G stands for but I can't tell you what it is.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having trouble posting comments -- they just disappear. Third time's the charm...

Feb 23, 2007, 11:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now it works. Ahem:

So you can't even say what the G is for...? Well, I suppose that one thing could blow the lid off the whole organization...

Feb 23, 2007, 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

The new google blogger interface sucks ass.

It can't keep me logged in for shit. I didn't have to log in the old way ever. I'm thinking about making a switch to something else soon. Then again I haven't had time to blog regularly.

Feb 23, 2007, 4:24:00 PM  
Blogger Genki Fox said...

Yeah, Blogger Beta sucks ass. I'm about two seconds away from jumping ship to Live Journal.

Feb 27, 2007, 2:38:00 PM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

I like the "back door" approach to logging in where I have to post comments to get logged in and then I can post on my waste-of-space blog.

From what I understand about teaching, the month of February is the most droll and challenging time. Not yet spring, winter seems to be going on since September, and the infinity loop won't break.

Chin up... press onward.

Feb 27, 2007, 4:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com