Sunday, April 08, 2007

Live Free Or Diet

I'm listening to 60 Minutes and there's a story about the Nanny State and some muckraker guy trying to protect us from the tyranny of chicken little telling us how to live. They interview some health lobby shill who complains that 40,000 people a year die of heart disease.

The fuckhead doesn't get it. 40,000 people a year are going to die of something. Ban trans fat and they live a bland life a little while longer and pay more money for food doing it. Give them their burgers until their hearts pop. They're going to die no matter what you do. You just want to tell us all how to live because you make a good living telling the government that you know how we should live.

You know what I miss. Denny's Beer Barrel Pub. Mike, feel like going? (scroll down on that link, it's worth a look)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked out the Denny's site. I liked the photo where they proudly show off all of their 18 taps.

EIGHTEEN!?!?! !!11ONEONE1! OMFG LOL

Then again, the Sunset's burgers are only normal-sized and could not kill a human being due to ingestion. And they don't have an easily-accessible Super 8 motel, either.

Apr 9, 2007, 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

18 taps is pretty good for those parts. Beer in God knows where PA is kind of like in Blues Brothers... "We've got both kinds of music, Country and Western!"

Apr 9, 2007, 5:48:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I only know of one man who was able to tame the 2 lb-er, and he goes to weight watchers now.

Apr 9, 2007, 7:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I thought, too, when I was at State Penn. But then I visited friends there and they took me to a decent brewpub. :-)

In other Pa./beer-related news, it turns out Anheiser-Busch, soon after their acquisition of Rolling Rock, shut down the brewery in Latrobe (!) and started making the beer in New Jersey. Does this mean the label pledge is gone? Or is it still there, but modified to not mention Latrobe. If so, does it still have 33 words? I only found about about this when I read that Sam Adams is going to start brewing in Latrobe, which is now a contract brewery.

It also means that my allegiance to RR as my favorite shit beer is gone. When I want a really cheap, light beer, it'll be time to jump on the PBR bandwagon, I guess. Or Corona. At least A-B didn't move them out of Mexico. Yet.

Apr 10, 2007, 9:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Heinekin(sp?), fuck that shit. Pabst Blue Ribbon!"
To quote from "Blue Velvet"
I happen to like PBR. I have not had it since college when I went on a school trip to Canada.

Apr 10, 2007, 8:02:00 PM  
Blogger RicketyFunk said...

uh. Beer.

I once saw a billboard that read "premature birth kills."

You may as well just say that birth kills. Premature or otherwise.

Apr 10, 2007, 8:08:00 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

You people are all beer snobs. There I said it. I'm not taking it back.

Apr 10, 2007, 9:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com