Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tomb of the Unknown Comic

OK, I admit it. I loved 'The Gong Show' when I was a kid. I didn't understand half of the raunchy humor but I loved the look of disappointment on peoples faces when they got gonged. Didn't those people know they sucked? I was only 7 but I could tell they were terrible. They were adults they should have known better.

The other night I caught the last 10 minutes of the new Gong Show hosted by Dave Attel. I like Dave Attel in small doses. I liked his last show where he wandered around strange cities at night. I'm one degree of separation from him and hear he's really a nice guy back stage.

The new version had Andy Dick, Dave Navarro and some black guy I've never heard of as judges. It's not clear to me who is JP Morgan and who is Jamie Farr. I don't see the new show lasting very long. I came in during the midget wrestling bit and from then on nobody got gonged.

God damn it. I wish I was Dave Navarro. Show ends and he just starts making out with some random stripper. Dave Attel is standing there hamfisted announcing some crap, I don't even remember and Dave Navarro is half way to third base. He's not even surprised that some random slut is kissing him, like it happens two or three times a day. It probably does. Damn. I really wish I was Dave Navarro.

Before you get upset with me, especially you Adorable GF, and say "What about Lisa?" I know for a fact that Lisa wishes I was Dave Navarro too.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, also, wish you were Dave Navarro.

Jul 20, 2008, 7:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell, I'd settle for you being John Frusciante.

Jul 21, 2008, 7:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Amie Nicole said...

Um, just saw this when googling the show to find copies of it. I am not a random stripper or slut. Thanks alot. I have known Dave forever and we had dated periodically for a long time. We planned that as a joke. I don't work as a stripper, I have a Masters Degree.

Aug 6, 2012, 11:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters

Thanks for stopping by.



Email me - dean.rules@yahoo.com